Creative Quilling Forum

Christmas decorations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christmas decorations

Post by toye on 2012-07-15, 09:17

This is just one of the ideas I have done, the first photo is a row of stars starting off with a Quilling comb with 10 pins reducing each star by one pin every time, this will be hanging on a nylon thread. I used 50mm, and I also did these stars for cards either 3mm or 2mm whatever the size of the card is. To get that shape I did, after taking the folding item off the come use your fingers and close the gaps. Then with one hand hold the end, and then with your finger push down the tip to the next tip until you reach the last tip. Then gently shape the size you need, I used 8 to make one star.By making a tight coil and pushing it in to make a slight dome and glue inside then place it on the joining parts of the star (Does that make sense to you ladies?)The ladies that do not have a Quilling comb no problem; www.Creative Qilling.com does have "Quilling combs", either you can go into a shop where they sell Afro combs or bye one like I have posted this also is very handy and does the job just the same. Hanve fun making these stars, they look really great on the Exmas tree or windows and cards.

toye

http://www.paperart-sheila.ch

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas decorations

Post by Carm on 2012-07-18, 09:09

Toye
They look absolutely great. Thankyou so much for sharing it with us. You have given me inspiration in starting my Christmas Cards early.

Many thanks
Carm Very Happy

Carm

Back to top Go down

Post by harleygirl on 2012-07-18, 10:28

Toye they look lovely. thanks for the ideas. you are full of wonderful ones. Thanks for sharing

harleygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by toye on 2012-07-18, 10:52

Thank you Carm and Harleygirl, I am happy I have been of some help with some ideas. It is hard in the middle of sommer to think of Christmas, but doing shows in November I need to start now. wishing you ladies a great day
hugs toye
toye

http://www.paperart-sheila.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazeeLdy on 2012-07-19, 09:01

Beautiful Toye!! I'm putting off quilling for just a bit.... Smile

HUGS!!!!

KrazeeLdy

Back to top Go down

Post by toye on 2012-07-21, 06:06