Creative Quilling Forum

OT Weather

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OT Weather

Post by Quill Me on 2010-03-07, 05:13

I do hope you all in QLD are not near the floods.
Our house survived massive storm in Melbourne yesterday
So just hoping everyone is OK

Quill Me

http://quillme.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: OT Weather

Post by admin on 2010-03-07, 05:31

Hi Bronwyn,
You may have seen on the news it has been pretty severe here. If any helicopters went over filming and they happen to see a lady on the roof with quilling tool in hand and 20 black chooks wearing floaties, that was our house. We are pretty boggy here now but the water didn't come in and the past 3 days it has subsided a fair bit. I had to move the chook house to higher ground or we may have lost some girls but all in all we did better than people out west of us.

Craig and I were hoping to do a run out to Charleville with our camper and the kids but I think that one will be on the back burner for a while. I hope we don't have members out that way, you can check by looking at the members page and click on the profiles to where everyone is. Charleville and St George are completely flooded and the way the eco system works up here, the rain from Cairns down works it's way through the water ways and causes major flooding down stream. We had that when we were in Rockhampton and the Fitzroy river went up. All you could see on the south side of the river was the tops of the lamp posts. There has been a lot of natural disasters of late and they are getting worse.
My kind thoughts to all who are having ice storms overseas, flooding here or any other difficulties. Please take care.
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

floods

Post by Jean on 2010-03-07, 15:18

Hi Bronwyn,

My youngest brother lives at Roma Qld.

I spoke to him tonight. I couldn't reach him for a few days, was a bit worried. He is on his own up there. He works at the hospital and the staff were sent home in a truck. Their cars were safe at the hospital which is on a hill. A lot of homes had flow through plumbing and lost is bit of stuff. No one was hurt and the water is receeding as the moment.

Jean
Jean

http://www.carobana.com.au/quilling/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by crisgea71 on 2010-03-07, 17:04

Hi,
I saw on TV what was happened in Australia...Sometimes this is happened to us, but not in my region...I hope you are ok and have a good inspiration in quilling!(if you still have the tools, of course:) )
Sorry for my english, because is not so good and I hope you understand me!
HAve a nice day!
Cristina
crisgea71

Back to top Go down

Post by Quill Me on 2010-03-07, 22:53

Thanks Cristina , for your concern about our floods & storms. Your English is fine. sunny

Quill Me

http://quillme.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by psychedaboutquilling on 2010-03-07, 23:30

Not where I am, been very overcast and showering a little every day on and off, but it hasn't flooded...yet!
psychedaboutquilling

Back to top Go down

Post by crisgea71 on 2010-03-07, 23:37

Sorry, but this is happen often in your place?
or is somethings new?I ask you, because informations about Australia are comming very slow, here...I know just that is a lovely country!
Cristina
crisgea71

Back to top Go down

Post by psychedaboutquilling on 2010-03-07, 23:49

Usually it is drought, but in the last 2 years it has been raining lots and lots (that i can remember) I don't know what it was like in NSW before that though because i was living in QLD.
psychedaboutquilling

Back to top Go down

Post by bZb on 2010-03-09, 09:32

Good to hear that you are ok. Townsville is fine, apart from the inground pool that I didn't install... We have had quite a bit of rain up this way for a bout a month and mowed my lawn recently to find baby green frogs growing in our back yard in 2-3 inches of water that has been there forever!

Hope everyone stays safe and the weather is good to you all...
Belinda.
bZb

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-03-11, 04:16

Hi All
we had a storm here yesterday again and another passed over us this morning but to date the muddy water laying around the area is quite smelly but the chooks can get around without floaties. Be a few more days til the kids can go out and play though
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top