Creative Quilling Forum

Inna's Creations ~ about Inna

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inna's Creations ~ about Inna

Post by admin on 2010-03-17, 00:42

Hi Everyone!!
I have been in contact with a very inspiring Quiller that many of you are familiar with. I have at times referred to her work and I know many of you pop back to her blog to look at her incredible creations which are always new and inspiring every time you go there. Today I would like to tell you a little about Inna that she has related to me in her email.
Inna is 33yrs old and lives in Israel. She is a devoted mother of 3 children (1 set of twins). Originally she was born in Uzbekistan and her native language is Russian. She an electronics engineer by profession and used to work for hi-tech companies in the field of networking and communications technology. About three years ago she had to quit her job to dedicate herself to her three children, that were 3.5 and 2 (twins) years old at that time. She has always been crafty and saw this as an opportunity to spend more time creating, especially with the kids. First she started looking for craft ideas in books and on the Web, later Inna even created a blog of her own to share her art work and ideas. Inna's husband has been always supporting her, her quilling and her other hobbies as well. Exactly two years ago he bought for her the "Paper Crafts Workshop: A Beginner's Guide to Techniques & Projects" which had a very nice chapter on quilling. That's how she made "the acquaintance" of this wonderful technique. Inna said "I must say that some time had passed since I first saw the book and before I felt brave enough to give it a try Smile I was sure it would be too difficult for me. But when I eventually started quilling, I became addicted to it. I started with a toothpick and hand-dyed and hand-cut paper strips. Later I built a home-made quilling tool out of a needle, and found suitable colored construction and copy papers. I'm still using mostly hand-cut strips, and often also my trusty home-made tool, because it allows me to create very fine coils due to its smaller size compared to other slotted tools. She hasn't attended quilling classes or workshops, but rather learned from books and the Internet much like most of us today. She has learned a lot by just playing around with paper strips when she had time to Smile

About the inspiration, almost everything gives it to her. Nature, the world around us, work of other quillers, paintings, beautiful photographs, etc. She doesn't have a favorite quilling style. But she says "I can tell what I like less Smile It's husking. I mean I don't like doing it, but I definitely like its look Smile" She can't name any particular piece to be her favorite, either But she points to this one as being close to it

She doesn't commission her work at all. Usually Inna just makes gifts for friends and family or for special events often by her own inspiration. She said she has many ideas, but unfortunately she doesn't have enough time to convert all of them into finished pieces. Sounds familiar to our experiences doesn't it!

To sum up, Inna says "I love quilling Smile It's a time consuming, but at the same time rewarding, relaxing, beautiful, cheap, and a special hobby.
If you would like to go and see some more about Inna, do pop along to her blog which I have linked below. She can even tell you how to make your own crimper

Inna's Creations

Karon

Last edited by Admin on 2010-03-18, 07:09; edited 3 times in total
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Inna's Creations ~ about Inna

Post by paulahogue on 2010-03-17, 03:53

enjoyed the artical. I have went to her sight and still go back to it, she has very beautiful art,it's overwhelming,
Paula
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-03-17, 04:50

Yes, Paula, lovely lady and nice to see someone who has so much talent but is a regular housewife/mum and very modest. It also shows that we too can aspire to be more even though only quilling a short time as she has. It was very kind of her to share her life with us
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quill Me on 2010-03-18, 06:43

I have visited Inna's blog many times before. Such a talent!
What strikes me about the favourite photo is how the colours stand out so well on the black.
I have always known this quirky artistic detail, as we were advised to get a black wedding album for our colour photos to stand out. This was in 1974.
But how many of us would quill on a black card? I must say I have a couple of black cards in my stash and have yet to quill on them.
This photo reminds me I should try it out.

Quill Me

http://quillme.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-03-18, 06:50

Yes, her work is totally stunning especially was I taken aback when I found out she has only been going a few short years (2or3) and has managed her craft with a busy household and limited resources. It is such an encouragement that you don't need many long years up your sleeve to turn out such incredible pieces nor do you need expensive equipment. She has some real nacky ideas for making her own strips, crimpers and also some free patterns for some of her beautiful pieces.
The email I received from her told a story that I didn't relate about Inna as a person. She is very kind, helpful and an easy going person! Her email was full of warmth and love of quilling. People can email her directly off her blog for a chat which is wonderful
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quillingsavy on 2010-03-18, 18:22

This is really cool! I didn't really know about Inna much before this Razz. I was just in my own little world of quilling! But since I'm a member of this forum, I will now be informed in the world of quilling!

And...quilling CAN be cheap, but a few weeks ago, I bought 13 packs of paper, with 9 buck shipping. 44 DOLLAS. That's what happens when you want so many styles...and some single colored ones! And...making a big project like I'm currently doing doesn't exactly help...
quillingsavy

http://rachellescraftingzone.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on quilling on 2010-03-22, 03:11

Quill Me wrote:I
What strikes me about the favourite photo is how the colours stand out so well on the black.
I have always known this quirky artistic detail, as we were advised to get a black wedding album for our colour photos to stand out. This was in 1974.
But how many of us would quill on a black card? I must say I have a couple of black cards in my stash and have yet to quill on them.
This photo reminds me I should try it out.

I love to quill on black, it's fantastic! One year I made Chistmas cards on black card and had alot of comments, would you believe that was also the first year I saw black Christmas trees for sale in the shops!!! THought I was a trend setter lol.

Inna's work is fantastic, I really like her flower placement.
hooked on quilling

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Quilled-Inspirations

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top