Creative Quilling Forum

I have a craft desk now!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have a craft desk now!!!!!

Post by psychedaboutquilling on 2010-03-20, 23:28

Guess what!? I finally have a craft desk to work at now!!! We had three computers and I convinced hubby to get rid of one so I could use my desk for my quilling. I was working on the dining table before that.

Does anyone else have a craft desk to work on, or were do you do your quilling?
psychedaboutquilling

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a craft desk now!!!!!

Post by paulahogue on 2010-03-21, 03:53

I have a desk and a small art table,and still do my craft at the dining table,lol that way I can visit with hubby while I'm doing my craft.we have open living room and kitchen, he sits in his recliner in living room while I sit at table and chit chat back and forth,
Paula
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-03-21, 10:02

I have a desk but it is in our bedroom so it makes it hard when people want to see something as I don't feel to comfortable dragging them in there but can't put it out with a 2.5yr old running around. Bit of a catch 22 with it at the moment but it is nice to close myself in there for a while. At least with quilling it isn't too bulky in the way of craft supplies. I think I could just about pack it all into a 22ltr tub and pull things out as I need them. Well........may 40ltr lol!
I think Tammy it is gr8 to have your own space no matter what your situation. I always get turned off and don't feel creative when I am trying to work where I am not happy or won't get it out if it's packed away either. You should take a pic and show us
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-03-21, 18:53

When my kids were small, I'd have them sit at the table and color or find a project for them to do while I was working on my crafts it seemed to work out well I was teaching them crafts at the same time, and they loved sitting there watching me and now that they are grown they are all creative, My Daughter I am so proud of, she can draw anythingher favorite is anything that has to do with oriental(gesha girls , dragons,fans,fairys ect.) she also uses different ribbons to make objects.
Paula
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quill Me on 2010-03-21, 23:21

Great to get a craft desk.
I used to do mine on kitchen table but now I use a small round wooden table which I inherited from a great aunt. It is in the family room and I use old table mats so that i do not get glue on it I cover it up with a tablecloth when I am not quilling to keep dust off.

Quill Me

http://quillme.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-03-22, 00:04

Great idea Bronwyn to cover up with a table cloth. Would probably help with little fingers for those of us that have to contend with that sort of thing as well as keep the dust and other 6 or 8 legged critters out that aren't made of paper lol
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quillingsavy on 2010-03-22, 00:30

I do have a desk! In the croffice! (Craft room AND office). It was originally my dad's, but he switched jobs, so no longer has a computer there, so, for now, it's mine! And, also a table, but I use that more for making cards and scrapbooking. The desk is awesomly huge! It's nice that I can keep all my stuff out!

There is also an awesome, big leather chair for me to sit on! It's nice when I want to quill for a while. Ah, I love being alone in the croffice, radio on, and just quillin!
quillingsavy

http://rachellescraftingzone.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

craft table

Post by Jean on 2010-03-22, 11:37

I did my first book on what was a small caravan type table attached to the wall of the factory staff room. This is where we lived when we first got married, one room and used the staff toilets and shower.

But in the last 5 years I have my craft studio. My dad designed it for me. It is huge the size of a large lounge room, with seperate lights for each quarter so I only turn on the light in the area I am using. I have a special table with overhead down light and a shelf above. It was made for a computer but now it's mine. Just the right height and a comfortable chair. I do lots of other craft and activities so each has a dedicated area. I have just finished making a green and gold tent (not quilled) a real tent, and have 2 more to make.

Congrats. on getting a special space. I know how it feels, like winning a prize. Enjoy! Jean
Jean

http://www.carobana.com.au/quilling/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by psychedaboutquilling on 2010-03-22, 12:26

Wow... I would love to have a craft room! I have so many little hobbies and no where to put them. Knitting, crocheting, drawing, painting, quilling (of course!)...So much to do, so little time!!!

Tammy
psychedaboutquilling

Back to top Go down

Post by Julz on 2010-03-23, 08:41

Oh to have my own craft room! My desk/table is a stable table on my knees with my feet up on stool level with my chair! And I am surrounded by bits & pieces of everything!
Julz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top