Creative Quilling Forum

MEMBER OF THE MONTH OF APRIL ~ Paula

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MEMBER OF THE MONTH OF APRIL ~ Paula

Post by admin on 2010-04-01, 14:34

Hi Everyone and welcome to a new month. I would like to tell you all about Paula Hogue who has been posting on the site regularly and we have really enjoyed seeing her beautiful quilled art work in the gallery. Very inspiring.
Tell us Paula, about you and where you are from....
I have 3 grown kids and 7 Grandkids, they all live close by. We live in a small town called Litchfield, IL which is between Springfield,IL. and ST.Louis MO USA. Town is pretty quiet and everything is about walking distance.We like it better in small town just because it's quiet we can sit in our back yard and enjoy the weather.
Have you always been a crafty person? if so what sorts
I have always been crafty since I was in 6th grade, long long time ago,lol. Always got A+ in Art and even blue ribbon for a swan I made and it was put on display in a window down town. I've done country crafts,made wall Quilts and other sewn crafts, Also Recycled crafts, wall decor,flower and ribbon wreaths,some home decor,Scrapbooking. Recycled crafts use to be a big hit around here and sold pretty good. Example of recycled craft ( made snow man, reindeer, Santa Clause out of baby food jars and felt ,and filled them with candy.
How did you get introduced to quilling?
Actually the flag that I did, was done before I even knew about Quilling.I was on line checking for craft idea's and came across Quilling and of course I thought they meant Quilting,lol but the more I checked into it the more I liked it and am hooked for life,lol.
What did you start with and how did you learn?
The first project was the flag and I used acid free construction paper and used my fingers to role coils.Later on I bought quilling tools and found a pattern for a cardboard frame. I am self taught. the closest Quiller to me is Springfield,IL and the ride can be to much for me at times.
Who and what influences has there been on your quilling?
My influence comes from things around me, books, objects in the home ,or outside, family,most of all other Quillers. I love to see others art and the stories that come with it. I can sit for hours just checking out different quillers sites and read all that is there and it makes me want to try harder.
Do you combine quilling with other crafts?
Yes ,CD's 'recyclable', I have some ideas but haven't tried yet maybe later when I get better at the Quilling part.
What is your favourite quilling?
My favorite quilling is finding an object to quill and then finding a good background that makes my quilling stand out more.
What do you want to achieve with your quilling?
I would like to get better at it and have variety, to continue being part of this group and enjoying each others art. Maybe enter into a contest, and sell my work .
What work have you been especially proud of?
Have to say my Fairy, I had a lot of doubt on it turning out and it surprised my on the responses.
And what would you like to learn about?
I would love to learn how to do 3D Dimensional quilling, I got a book on it and it shows so many widths that it has scared me away from making them, they are sharp.
What you would like to add….
Step back and take a look from a different perspective, your view of your own work will look better. If all fails just ask your hubby.LOL

Thanks so much Paula for sharing your life and quilling experiences with us, you don't know how much inspiration you have been with your artwork and we all look forward to seeing more in the future
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: MEMBER OF THE MONTH OF APRIL ~ Paula

Post by psychedaboutquilling on 2010-04-01, 23:56

Congrats Paula on making member of the month! cheers
psychedaboutquilling

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-04-02, 00:33

Thank you Tammy!
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quill Me on 2010-04-02, 05:39

Thanks for sharing your story , Paula

Quill Me

http://quillme.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thejodster on 2010-04-02, 07:16

nice to hear and learn more about you, thank you for sharing with us..

Luv'n Hugs, Jody

thejodster

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-04-02, 16:17

Your all welcome!
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content