Creative Quilling Forum

sale on e-bay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sale on e-bay

Post by paulahogue on 2010-04-12, 20:49

For those who sale there work on E-Bay, I was curiouse does your work sale good on E-Bay?, or is it pretty slow?
Paula
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: sale on e-bay

Post by admin on 2010-04-12, 22:39

Jo is a good one to ask about that, she sells heaps of finished product on ebay. Remembering each country will be different as to what people buy, card packs are always a good hit I would say.
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-04-12, 23:02

card packs as, so many to a package and variaty
paulahogue

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-04-14, 06:14

I think it would be more worth while to sell a pack rather than individually cause the listing fees and postage would make the cost of the card too high one would think. Perhaps a pack of 10? then there is one lot of postage. you could also try jewellery and markets for selling things. Do you know anyone who has a stall that you could test the market with your wares? This might work out better to pay a small commission to someone who already sells at a market if you wanted to go that way.
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on quilling on 2010-04-14, 09:58

Hi Paula
I find some of my things sell great others take awhile.

I have a basic store think it's $20 a month and that allows me to list things for a fraction of the normal listing costs, so I can sell single cards etc.

Give it a go, you might find your things sell really quickly etc, check out the prices things list for in your country so you don't out price yourself and something I find I get more sales from is custom orders. eg card can be made in your choice of colours etc.

Hope this helps, have a 5 year in my ear while I'm trying to think and type so excuse me if it's not the most sensible post you've read
Jo
hooked on quilling

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Quilled-Inspirations

Back to top Go down

thanks

Post by paulahogue on 2010-04-14, 16:19

Karon and Jo you've been a big help, thanks for the ideas and I will check them out.
Paula
paulahogue

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-04-15, 11:20

You are so welcome for the little I could give you in that area. As I haven't sold my finished art work due to my over possessiveness lol! I can tell you that as I do supplies on ebay as well as our website and the ebay side of it is very popular. I also have a store which is gr8 if you have enough stock to offer. It helps if you can offer multiples of items so they have the choice to buy more than 1 item and it doesn't finish the auction and cost you to list another as it will keep going. The fees can really add up but ebay certainly has the traffic. Again, it is always hard to say country to country as to what people will buy but all you can do is test what you have. I also like Jo have runs on things. Sometimes it is quiet and other times I can sell heaps!! People are always looking for unique gifts for special occasions too!
Happy quilling
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top