Creative Quilling Forum

Think OUTSIDE of the Box

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Think OUTSIDE of the Box

Post by quillingsavy on 2010-04-16, 01:54

So, what are some unique ways that you've displayed your quilling? Well, I have two ideas that you've probably never heard about! These are pics of magnets I just recently made:

I need to buy him tiny googly eyes...5 mm are huge on him Razz. More like 3 mm....

The plastic things are actually for the bottom of chairs! Never thought about that, huh? Well, the pack I got had 4 for about a dollar 50, so it was no investment. On the back is just cardboard and cardstock...as well as the magnet (the maget came from this advertisment thing I found a few years ago!)

Also, the book I read it from suggested to make a paperweight. I just made it like this because you could see the company's emblem too well. I suggest using something nicer for a paper weight...glass. I thought about a candle lid, but I don't know if the rubber would work with it. Preferably something with more weight then plasitc, since it's a paper weight, hence the glass.
quillingsavy

http://rachellescraftingzone.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Think OUTSIDE of the Box

Post by admin on 2010-04-16, 02:14

These are gorgeous Rachelle!! very inventive and a great idea as you say for businesses even with quilling over the top. My son is a computer nerd and he gives me at times magnets out of old computers as they are so strong, in fact, it is hard to get them off the fridge (perhaps too strong) but at least they don't fall off and break the rest of the magnet like the ones you normally buy. I have broken so many just from bumping them as they are just not strong enough (magnetic wise I mean).
Do you put anything on the quilling to harden them? There is a great post from Jocelyneliza on the Brisbane show post about how you can harden quilling. It is more for jewellery but you can use it for these too! Have you made them as gifts? they would make ideal gifts, you could even pop the persons name under with the backing paper too couldn't you!! Opens up so many ideas, thanks heaps!
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by psychedaboutquilling on 2010-04-16, 03:45

Very nice Rachelle! cheers
psychedaboutquilling

Back to top Go down

Post by quillingsavy on 2010-04-16, 04:11

Admin wrote:These are gorgeous Rachelle!! very inventive and a great idea as you say for businesses even with quilling over the top. My son is a computer nerd and he gives me at times magnets out of old computers as they are so strong, in fact, it is hard to get them off the fridge (perhaps too strong) but at least they don't fall off and break the rest of the magnet like the ones you normally buy. I have broken so many just from bumping them as they are just not strong enough (magnetic wise I mean).
Do you put anything on the quilling to harden them? There is a great post from Jocelyneliza on the Brisbane show post about how you can harden quilling. It is more for jewellery but you can use it for these too! Have you made them as gifts? they would make ideal gifts, you could even pop the persons name under with the backing paper too couldn't you!! Opens up so many ideas, thanks heaps!
Karon

I haven't used anything to harden them- but, I remember you saying this before, and I told my mom about it. She said she would buy something...we just gotta go to a craft store! The closest craft store is 45 minutes away.

I made the owl for my uncle, and I actually made a hummingbird one for my grandma...I can post it once I have it on the computer Smile. The other ones are just for me.
quillingsavy

http://rachellescraftingzone.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-04-16, 04:29

Great idea with magnets they are really sharp!
Paula
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum