Creative Quilling Forum

Tooth picks or Fine tip glue bottles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by admin on 2010-05-04, 06:16

I had an interesting query from a customer today with regards to a fine tip glue bottle. Some use them.... some don't. I find that at times a toothpick can give you a little more control but I also find the investment of a fine tip glue bottle worth while as it does limit the wastage of the left over glue and apply the glue in one even stroke.

What are your preferences? Do you like something else to apply your glue?

If I have a hard to reach place that I just haven't put enough glue on, I have been known to use my quilling needle tool (has a really long needle) to apply the glue into that hard to get spot. Do you have any nifty tricks to share?

Karon albino
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Tooth picks or Fine tip glue bottles

Post by Jocelyneliza on 2010-05-04, 07:46

I like a fine tip glue bottle but prefer to use a T-pin. They are longer than ordinary sewing pins and you can clean the glue of easily. I always keep a wet cloth nearby to clean glue off my fingers and my pin. When I teach I always supply toothpicks as I think they are easier to master in the beginning and I tell them about using the T-pin.

Jocelyneliza

http://jocelyneliza.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by menmywork on 2010-05-04, 20:56

Hi

you can also use a long safety pin straitened all the way to glue .To cleanup place a small piece of sponge in a bowl that fits and add some water in it just make it wet.

menmywork

http://www.rajisblog.deepakkotla.com/?page_id=169

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-05-08, 05:54

Thats a great idea with the pin, it's probably why I use my quilling needle as it is very long and sharp and gets into those hard to reach spots but your safety pin you could at least bend to the shape you want unlike my needle. When I first started I use to wipe my hands on my pants without much thought. They are quite decorative now and look like real quillers pants a bit like a painter with his clothes lol! Thankfully Jo made a point of the wet washer when you are working. It really makes life easier doesn't it!!
I also use a copper hat pin for cleaning out my glue bottle tip to just as a stopper. Copper is one of the few metals that are affected by the chemicals in glue that tend to rust normal pins. You can buy them quite readily and they are very cheap, only a few cents. I reckon you would only need to replace it every year or so

Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top