Creative Quilling Forum

You don't have to be experienced to be good!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You don't have to be experienced to be good!!

Post by admin on 2010-05-16, 05:47

I was perusing some of my favourite blogs today and a thought popped in so I wanted to mention that at my last workshop, many were quite floored to find out that I didn't have many years of quilling experience up my sleeve. Many people are turned off when they see quilling from trying it thinking it is too complicated and hard or just takes too long to complete a project. Granted when you first start, it does take a little longer than down the track and some practice but you can make relatively quick projects in an hour or two.
Back to my favourite blogs.....I was at Ann Martin's blog as she has some amazing work on there and I saw a card from a new quiller. It is just gorgeous!! black and white which always looks good and this one is just so smart and her first project ever.
Ann Martin blog Link

I remember making a card for my first quilled project but one of my girls gave it to their teacher and she thought it was made by my 8 yr old. Sad but true. Goes to show we can come a long way with persistence right!

Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: You don't have to be experienced to be good!!

Post by paulahogue on 2010-05-16, 19:20

Ann Marin's blog has some really terific Artists they are AWSOME!
I'd be blessed if I got as half as good as they are. I enjoy checking out others art even several times seeing the same thing.Some times I think I'll never get that good,but then I think How will I ever know unless I keep trying .I think that as long as you enjoy it and it makes you happy then keep doing it.Anyway that what I think,lol Paula
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-05-19, 15:36

I know what you mean Paula. We can be our worst critics but then being fussy makes us better and more persistent but on the other hand overly critical can lead to disheartenment!!

If you find the balance.... give me the secret LOL I'm still working on it
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-05-19, 19:13

I'll be sure to let you know ,if I ever find the balance,lol
Paula
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum