Creative Quilling Forum

A trip that gave me a quilling zing!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A trip that gave me a quilling zing!

Post by admin on 2010-06-21, 13:46

Hi All
I just had to share with you my little adventure. This weekend I had to do a family trip to Coffs Harbour. Although mundane as it was, I had a fantastic lift on my way home. I called in the Carobana carob factory. What does carob chocolate have to do with quilling? well it happens to be the home of our own Jean Woolston-hamey who has faithfully been posting patterns and helpful advice here on the forum. It was amazing to meet her for the first time face to face and I can only sum up my visit by saying what a humble beautiful lady.
In the corner of the shop is this quaint little stand and shelves with quilled artwork for sale, 3 different sizes of strips in solid colours, beginner packs and tools quite cheap I might add. Jean has been quilling for many years and you can buy any of her 4 books in a black and white edition for a nominal $12 each that are chockers full of patterns and "how to's". I was so grateful to receive a huge box of off cuts for my retirement ladies that I teach which she graciously gave me without a second thought out of her huge collection of papers and to top off the visit, a huge hug and some freshly made honey comb. As I chatted with Jean my husband and children (3 of the 7 that came with me) where finely educated in the art of making carob, honeycomb and enjoying the test tastings of her fine products. In the corner of the factory she has ready a basket of teaching products for her quilling as when an interested person comes in and the doors to the factory closed they are kindly given free instruction on the art of quilling. What a beautiful end to a weekend!! Thanks Jean, You made my weekend. If you are ever going through I highly recommend you stopping and saying hello, catching one of those free lessons and don't leave without a test taste of that yummy carob, it's 5 star What a Face
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top