Creative Quilling Forum

Glue... glue... glue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glue... glue... glue

Post by bZb on 2010-07-13, 14:06

Hi everyone,
thought I would start another post because I have a dilemma. My local craft store has stopped stocking my favourite quilling glue - Helmar Acid Free glue. I contacted the company that makes it direct thinking I could perhaps purchase it through them directly, but alas they only sell in bulk, and while I spose that would be great to have heaps of glue around the place, I don't think it's practical. I was just wondering what glues people are using now and where they get them from as the local craft store here has slipped a bit and only stocks glue sticks and tapes now... depressing and not useful for quilling. I need to find a glue and a store that sells it, because I am running out!! Your information, knowledge and experiences would help greatly in trying to locate some glue to continue quilling.

Thanks heaps!
bZb

Back to top Go down

Re: Glue... glue... glue

Post by miriam on 2010-07-13, 17:26

iuse pva glue it dries clear
miriam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyneliza on 2010-07-14, 07:13

I use the good old Selleys Aquadhere but I know that people who do scrapbooking like Helmar acid free glue and I have seen it in Spotlight in Sydney. I am sure you could buy Helmar glue online, but then the postage may make this an expensive option. I have also used Craft Smart Acid Free Craft Glue

Jocelyneliza

http://jocelyneliza.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-07-14, 07:22

Hi Belinda,
I use Mont marte pva glue which is available almost anywhere. I find it is a nice smooth consistency and works a treat
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bZb on 2010-07-14, 10:20

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I now know what to look out for when I visit spotlight. It is a bit depressing that my local craft shop has declined a bit... almost no quilling supplies are available there now. But nevermind, at least I have some recommendations to work from and hopefully I will find some glue soon.

Thanks!!!
bZb

Back to top Go down

Post by Quill Me on 2010-07-15, 00:23

The good thing about PVA it is available anywhere - hardware stores supermarkets. sunny

Quill Me

http://quillme.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum