Creative Quilling Forum

Paula got me thinking......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paula got me thinking......

Post by Heather on 2010-07-27, 19:41

Has anyone ever tried to change the colour of their strips by using Copic markers? That way you could easily add shading to leaves. I bet that the Copic markers would bleed through the whole strip and you could make the strip darker this way instead of having to buy or try and find a darker colour green.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I may just have to give my Copic markers a try.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Paula got me thinking......

Post by admin on 2010-07-27, 21:45

Let us know how you go and don't forget to take some b4 and after pic's so we can see what you did!!
Very interested to see how it turns out
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-07-27, 22:27

What a great idea, wonder if any type of marker would work?
Paula flower
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-07-27, 22:31

I haven't actually tried as I usually use stamp ink to do mine. I lay the strip across the pad and dab the colour into it or use a fine floral stamp and stamp away. You can even use a few colours that way too. I have a kaleidoscope ink pad with 6 colours in a row and that looked great with folded roses
Can't wait to see what the markers will do. It is wonderful when you can use so many techniques to get different effects

Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-07-27, 22:38

I also put some info up yesterday on gilding your own paper but I saw some of Jeans flowers that she fringed and did the edges with tee shirt paint (puff paint) and they look fabulous too@!
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather on 2010-07-27, 22:46

I likely would colour the strips before quilling them. Copic markers come in well over 300 shades and easily bleed through paper as they are alcohol based and are used a lot with stamping because they blend so well. I really like the fact that one can do so much with colouring papers since it really is hard for me to find actually quilling paper except on the Internet.

I really must try this puff paint technique too. Very Happy Can you please point me to Jean's example of using the puff paint. I'd love to see it.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Fringed Flowers

Post by quillable on 2010-07-28, 04:24

Hi All
I know this isn't changing the colour of the strips but with fringe flowers before you fringe them out you can tap them onto a stamp pad and highlight the edges with a different colour - dye ink is best but you can use pigment ink but you have to heat set it or leave it a while to dry.
I sometimes put strips that are too bright to use in the window in the sun for a few days and you can achieve a nicer colour from the sun bleaching it out - saying that I wonder what the result would be if you used some bleach diluted and used a fine paint brush to lightly swipe over the strip to lighten parts - result could be interesting!
I like Karons suggestion changing the colour with ink pads too - wonder how chalks would go too - with a light hairspray on them to set it....could lighten and deepen the colour using these.
You have my mind in over drive now -
Think I had better stop now and put the brakes on!
Have a Great Creative Day Everyone,
Yours Quillingly!
Donna
quillable

Back to top Go down

Post by bZb on 2010-07-28, 11:41

I do like that idea Donna. I have tried with normal textas, out of the kids pencil case, but they looked terrible!! Can't wait to see how the copic's turn out!
bZb

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather on 2010-07-28, 15:34

Has anyone tried putting little drops of Diamond Glaze or Glossy Accents on larger flowers to simulate raindrops? I can see doing that on the larger flowers such as the ones that the Cuttlebug dies make. I must try that today as well.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-07-29, 08:11

Heather wrote:I really must try this puff paint technique too. Very Happy Can you please point me to Jean's example of using the puff paint. I'd love to see it.

Hi heather
I have asked Jean to pop a pick up for you. I got to see hers when I went to her factory and she has this perfect little corner of the shop that is all quilling supplies and gifts. All I could smell was carob chocolate and look at these gorgeous flowers!! The puff paint or tee shirt paint as you may call it just adds another dimension to the flower and highlights the colour. She just paints the tips
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top