Creative Quilling Forum

Flower soft, why not try it with your quilling?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flower soft, why not try it with your quilling?

Post by admin on 2010-08-05, 02:37

Flower Soft is an amazing pot of coloured sprinkles that allows you to create text, designs and miniature floral embellishments, it’s acid free and is loved by card makers and scrapbookers alike. Flower Soft is sprinkled onto glue where it adheres to create the impression of flowers. Flower Soft is very light and does not add any significant weight to a project. The floral embellishments are permanent as long as a thick PVA glue is used. Flower Soft was originally designed to make flowers for miniature projects. It has now been developed as a paper craft product. Flower Soft, as the name suggests, is soft to touch, giving a tactile embellishment to many projects.
Fay has kindly shared some of her cards from flower soft

Well what does this have to do with quilling? Two things I just wanted to suggest. You can either add it directly to any flowers you quill for a completely new effect or you can add another diamension to your landscape by adding flower soft amongst your quilling. Most people who use flower soft either add glue to (tacky glue by the way) floristry wire

or they use a background pictures and add the flower soft directly to this such as what you see above. Kay does suggest though to stick your picture onto card before gluing on the Flower Soft, or it buckles.
Now a lovely combo of quilling and flower soft can been seen in Paula's bird house

Do you have any experiences of quilling and flower soft? I would love to see it
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Flower soft, why not try it with your quilling?

Post by Heather on 2010-08-05, 05:26

I've used flower soft with stamping but not quilling. It is a really neat product for making delicate flowers and the white makes great snow.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-08-06, 00:38

I agree heather, I have just seen a few projects that have combined gardens with flower soft and quilling. We probably know more about punching and quilling but it is just a lovely option to add to you work for a difference
Karon
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top