Creative Quilling Forum

Memorial to a great lady - Lily Stubbs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Memorial to a great lady - Lily Stubbs

Post by admin on 2010-08-07, 10:32

Hi All,
In recent times I stumbled across a web address in amongst a load of papers given to me buy a shop customer who herself has recently passed away from cancer. The web address was for a lady named Lily Stubbs who died approx a year or so ago and her family keeps her website going as a memorial to her wonderful talent crafting especially quilling.

I feel quite ashamed that I have had this website here and not looked at it before now because, my goodness, is it worth the time. Not only does it have Lily's quilling but also
3D
Card Patterns
Floral Punchcraft
Miscellaneous Cards
Miscellaneous teabagfolding
Paper Embroidery
Parchment
Popups
Teabagfolding
and loads of support information for the paper crafter

I think this amazingly talented quiller's legacy lives on in this website so there is a sense of sadness and happiness as I wandered through this lady's hours of beautiful artwork. The wonderful thing about quilling is each person has their own personality and style so without really knowing someone, your work in it'self tells a story.
Here is the link and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did
Karon

Lily Stubbs website link

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Memorial to a great lady - Lily Stubbs

Post by bZb on 2010-08-07, 11:00

Some of these cards are really quite amazing! That is really sweet of her family to keep it going in her memory. Thanks for sharing the address with us Karon!
Have a wonderful weekend! Smile

bZb

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-08-07, 11:04

I checked it out and she really has some beautiful art!. It's really sweet that the family is keeping her site going. Can you imagine her art being handed down to generations, that would be awsome!
Paula flower

paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather on 2010-08-07, 11:54

Thank you for sharing this site. I'm glad her family is keeping it as a memorial. In the past, tea bag folding was one of my passions and I recognized her name and her work.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippa on 2010-08-07, 21:28

Thanks so much for sharing this, Karon. I have bookmarked the site, because it is so full of inspiration. Lily must have been a wonderful lady.

Philippa

http://quilliance.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quill Me on 2010-08-08, 07:12

I had contact with Lily in the past and she was a very nice person.
She had some of her craft methods published in Aussie papercraft
magazines.

Quill Me

http://quillme.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-08-08, 08:03

Yes Philippa, it was funny for me not to go check it out straight away. I think the last workshop I did for the Get crafty store here in Caboolture when Evelyn was alive, she gave it to me then as Lily was a friend of hers. I think the addy got gathered up amongst everything until yesterday when I was sorting the office out. Evelyn also died a few weeks after she gave it to me which was very sad as her shop is now run by her widowed husband and beautiful daughter. Evelyn had just started to quill though been in the craft business for 35 years and was well known in the community for her generosity. Everyone loves this little shop because it is so friendly and welcoming. her hubby is fabulous when you go in, he can tell you everything about their products. Gone is the day where good old fashioned service was a must in any shop. I still go there rather than buying wholesale for my paper and things because it is just so nice.
Okay, I am off rambling again lol, ahhhhh one of those days, should be quilling
Karon

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum