Creative Quilling Forum

Spreuer Flower Pattern (Quilling comb)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spreuer Flower Pattern (Quilling comb)

Post by admin on 2010-01-11, 13:40

I have asked Antonella DeFalco a member of the yahoo quiller's group and NAQG to share her perfect pattern for the spreuer flower. It is her own special design and really caught my eye so I hope you will enjoy making it. If you have a quilling comb I think you may like to have a try with this. As you may know, a quilling comb is also known as an onion holder which will come up in this post. I have also added her blog page link at the bottom so you can have a looksee at some of her other work and patterns. Thanks Antonella!!

This is a neat flower I made using 2 strips of coordinating quilling strips. The pictures have instructions for each of the steps in creating the Spreuer Flower Petals.

Follow these instructions and make 6 flower petals.

Step 1: Take 2 strips of 1.8in (3 cm) quilling strips. I selected Yellow and Orange for this project. I then glued the bottom of the strips together. I placed the yellow against the back of the Onion Holder Tool (refer to picture).

Step 2: Take the Yellow and go up to prong #5 and wrap the Yellow around the front and down to the starting point and glue at the bottom.

Step 3: Take the Orange and go up to prong #4, bringing it around the front and down to the starting point and glue at the bottom.

Step 4: Continue with the Orange and on the opposite side go up to prong #4, bringing it around the front and down to the starting point. Before you glue it at the bottom, cut or tear the orange near where it will be glued.

Step 5: Take the Yellow and go up to prong #3, bringing it around the front and down to the starting point and glue at the bottom.

Step 6: Continue with the Yellow and on the opposite side go up to prong #3, bringing it around the front and down to the starting point. Before you glue it at the bottom, cut or tear the Yellow near where it will be glued.

Repeat Steps 1 - 6 for each of the 6 Flower Petals.

Next, make the STEM:

* Take an approximate 8 in (20.3 cm) length of 1/8 in (3 cm) Green quilling strip.
* Fold it in Half, gluing at the top where the strip is folded.
* Take the strip and condition the ends so that they curl slightly, you can do this by running your fingernail over the end of the strip to create the curl.
* TIP: Cut the ends at a slight angle, it makes the strip more delicate.

Finally the LEAVES:

* 2 - 6 in (15.2 cm) 1/8 in (.3 cm) Green Teardrops

Arrange the Flower Petals into a circle (looks like the sun). Arrange the Stem and Leaves as shown in the photograph. The Fringed Flower is made with Yellow and Orange 1/4 in (.6 cm) wide quilling paper.

Enjoy!
Copyright Antonella DeFalco
http://quilling.blogspot.com/2007/07/free-spreuer-flower-pattern.html

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Spreuer Flower Pattern (Quilling comb)

Post by Gargee on 2011-10-06, 02:01

great work.. Thanks for sharing... just amazing.... I love quilling snowflakes in diff styles...

Gargee

Back to top Go down

Re: Spreuer Flower Pattern (Quilling comb)

Post by Shyamali Biswas on 2012-03-25, 15:28

Dear Antonella DeFalco,
Thank you very much for sharing the pattern for the spreuer flower. I don't have a quilling combI made the flower with the help of my hair comb.
Shyamali

Shyamali Biswas

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top