Creative Quilling Forum

Members book reviews, advice and preferences

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Members book reviews, advice and preferences

Post by Heather on 2010-10-02, 02:48

I just received my book on Christmas Quilling by Elizabeth Mead that I bought from her website. This 63 page book literally shines it is so glossy! Of course, it has the quilling basic instructions in it, but the examples of the cards and tags she has done are absolutely super. This indeed is a great scrapbook full of festive greeting ideas. Well worth the purchase.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-10-02, 03:07

Great, one of these days I'll get it!
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather on 2010-10-04, 16:09

This book was given to me by one of my friends at a crop I went to last weekend. She works in a wholesale book store.

Paper Quilling for the first time by Alli Bartkowski. It is a Lark/Chapelle book and their website is www.larkbooks.com. This is a beautiful glossy paged book with 112 pages filled with techniques and how-to's. The projects in this book look very simple to do so they will keep a new quiller interested in learning all of the techniques. She also has a picture gallery of more complicated quilling to show examples of the intricate work that can be done. She covers all aspects of quilling and this is a book I would recommend to all beginner quillers as well as those with experience since there are lots of good ideas in this book.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather on 2010-10-04, 16:35

The Art of Card Making by Claire Sun-ok Choi/Lisa Kerr/Susan Jaworski-Stranc

This is another high quality glossy page enormous book with 287 pages not counting the paper samples they include. There is very little quilling in this book, but if you are not a long time card maker/scrapbooker you will get tons of inspiration from this book. The cards shown are simply gorgeous.

I was lucky to find this book for under five dollars, used but in great condition.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top