Creative Quilling Forum

Keeping quilling strips tidy and at hand.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keeping quilling strips tidy and at hand.

Post by kaysey60 on 2010-09-17, 02:04

Hello everyone,
I remember that there was a discussion about ways to keep your quilling strips tidy, and to have them at hand but for the life of me I can't find the comments maybe I dreamt it LOL. Rolling Eyes

Anyway I found this picture in a quilling book I have, and my hubby is making it for me as we speak, I think it could work well, keeping your strips tidy and in colours and at hand.

What do you think of this one.
Kindest regards,
Kaye.
kaysey60

Back to top Go down

Re: Keeping quilling strips tidy and at hand.

Post by Heather on 2010-09-17, 02:26

I think you are really lucky to have a handy husband! This could work well for you for full strips and you will have to come up with a method for smaller part strips.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-09-17, 02:33

kinda on the line of what I made and it's for shorter strips
Paula flower
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-09-17, 20:35

Great Kay, I also like for a bigger collection or longer strips a peg board

you can get different hooks to what ever you prefer but you are not limited to your strips

I even saw one which was 3 panels that you can relocate around with you as it stands by itself rather than being attached to a wall
Another great idea is to keep your eye out for shop fixtures.
Businesses come and go and there are often auctions on or the like where you can find little gems such as these

Have fun
Karon

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on quilling on 2010-09-20, 10:17

HI Kaye
Welcome to the forum Very Happy
I store my strips in the packets they come in, then they are all plopped into a rectangular decor clear container. It's just long enough for the strips so they don't get bent. It's also plastic so I use the lid as my "sticking down" surface when making up flowers etc and then I just wash it when it gets too dirty. Is great as you can keep everything together and take it with you and quill at will.
Cheers
Jo
hooked on quilling

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Quilled-Inspirations

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristinaG117 on 2010-09-22, 21:06

a nearly free idea to organize your strips.... keep them in the original package, and hang them from a clothes hanger with paper clips, easy to remove from the paper clips, and you can put loads of packages on one hanger, then hang it from any rod, nail or hook you like. if you use a wire hanger, you can bend the middle down a bit, to keep all your packages towards the middle, and you can bend the head of the hanger to suit your hanging needs.

ChristinaG117

Back to top Go down

Post by quillingsavy on 2010-09-27, 01:34

Laughing, this is up my dad's ally! He is "project man". I have issues with keeping them tidy...I just have a plastic droor full of them. Let's just say I'd need dozens of those stands... I was thinking once to organize them by color in droors, but this is definitly better.It is nice to have projects now and then to use up those colors you rarely use! And to have big projects that just use one color..
quillingsavy

http://rachellescraftingzone.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippa on 2010-09-27, 12:19

So many different ideas - they are interesting to read. I keep my strips in two wire drawer inserts that were originally meant to be used for knives, forks, spoons etc in a cutlery drawer. They are like trays, but divided up with useful narrow sections just wide enough to hold unpacked strips in different colour batches. My partly used strips go into a basket of 'oddments' which is great for when I'm just looking for a short length of a particular colour. I'm much more organised now than I was when I first started quilling - in those days all my strips were in a terrible tangle!
Philippa

http://quilliance.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quillable on 2010-09-28, 15:15

Hi All
I keep most of my papers in folders - I use clear folder inserts and place a sheet of paper in them - just copy paper - and then use the sewing macine and sew two equal lines from bottom to top and then you can put in strips of paper each side of the plastic sheet making it two sided for storage - Mind you this is only suitable for a4 length strips....
Just an idea to share
Cheers
Donna
quillable

Back to top Go down

Post by Quill Me on 2010-09-28, 23:21

Donna, what a neat idea

Quill Me

http://quillme.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-09-29, 22:53

Ooh Donna, how nifty is that!! and it is so inexpensive too. You must have quite a few folders on the go jaw droppin Do you colour categorise each folder to find the right colours quickly?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carole on 2011-01-07, 08:00

I keep mine in a five drawer stationery box. These are available in 3, 4 or 5 drawer versions and can be found in stationery departments at all the major stores and some of the discount stores. I have only been quilling for a short time so may not have as big a supply as some, but I have sorted each width in seperate drawers and can remove the drawer from the box so I have the size I am working with at the time next to me on the table. These units can also be stacked on top of each other if you require more than one.
Carole

Carole

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn on 2011-01-20, 10:08

I use quite a simple method for storing my strips, and it doesn't take up much space.
Take plastic insert for a folder, and sew as many down strips in it. this way you can slide the strips into each slot and also see what colours they are
Dawn

Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanmarkeyana221996 on 2011-02-06, 10:55

hi, im ryan mark 14 years old. where do i buy quilling materials?
please response.....

ryanmarkeyana221996

Back to top Go down

Post by Quill Me on 2011-02-07, 00:50

Ryan, if you let us know where you live perhaps we can advise you on where to get quilling supplies.
Each country is different.

Quill Me

http://quillme.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by giraffelover57 on 2011-06-03, 20:49

hi all just wanted to tell you how i keep my strips in order if you go to a pet store and purchase the clear 1 inch filter tubes for fish tanks you can cut them to the length of your paper and then glue a pepsi or coke cap to one end then you can sort and put your paper in the tubes and they wont get bent or messed up i then just stand them in a box or what ever you have to keep them upright hope this helps someone

giraffelover57

Back to top Go down

Post by toye on 2011-06-23, 19:05

There are some really good ideas on how to keep ones paper strips. Through having different lengths is a bit of a problem, I separate the colors and tie each color with a ribbon and lay them flat in an open empty wooden box which has a lid to keep the sunlight and dust away.
toye sunny
toye

http://www.paperart-sheila.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurlikins on 2012-05-01, 06:18

Love, love, love the plastic sheet with sewn strips down it! thanks ladies!

Kurlikins

http://kurlikins.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lindabinda on 2012-05-27, 21:16

I am just starting out and have way too much already and need to get organised big time.
Thanks for the variety of ideas!!
Linda

lindabinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top