Creative Quilling Forum

OMG...Whatcha think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OMG...Whatcha think?

Post by quillingsavy on 2010-10-07, 01:30

If a pattern section could be added to this site-so all of us members could add patterns that passerbys through this site could go to. There is a section in the forums, but perhaps it could be a different layout or something on the top? With like a pic and the amount of the strips...and directions!
quillingsavy

http://rachellescraftingzone.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: OMG...Whatcha think?

Post by Heather on 2010-10-07, 04:44

We do have a shared patterns section now. I am going to add some of my beginner snowflake patterns in there one of these days when I am organized.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by quillingsavy on 2010-10-07, 04:47

Yes, I do realize that. I did say that I knew that too, LOL. Us members do know to look there and will, but those people that are just browsing sites may not look like that. I know that when I'm browsing a quilling site, I like to see some things on the top, such as free patterns. IOW, I'm thinking of this for the guests, not us.
quillingsavy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather on 2010-10-07, 04:55

I get you now....sorry I misunderstood....you mean something like at the top beside the gallery with a link to the shared patterns thread. Something like that.

I see a lot of new users that come on and do not post anything. Any ideas on how we can get them to become involved more.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by quillingsavy on 2010-10-07, 04:57

Exactly! Maybe it could possibly work more like the gallery too...

Like, there's the main screen just like in the gallery of the finished project. This would make it easier...if you're looking for patterns to make, IDK about you, but I'd rather not constantly click on threads to see pics, this would keep it more organized. Then, there's the finished project on the top again, and the amount and number of strips of each color you need. Then directions, and if the pattern is complicated, there can be step by step pics as well! Pics make everything easier. Then, you can click a link to comment on it like on a blog, to keep it all neat Smile.
quillingsavy

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-10-07, 12:37

Hi Rachelle,
I will have a look and see what there is available. As the site is free ( I just pay to remove the adds and have space for the photo's in the gallery) it is limited to what I can do. Basically it has a format when I created it that came from forumotion. There are skins which are the colour schemes and I can switch a few things on and off but being able to add anything else on that line at the top of the page where the gallery sits wasn't an option. For instance I can pop some wording up the top but can't change the selection of categories up there, I can turn a gallery on or off but can't move it. I can also rename some of the areas. I know what you mean.... even if there was a pic besides the name of the pattern it would be easier but I know I can't add that unfortunately. Thanks heaps for the suggestion, I will look and see what I have available

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-10-07, 12:49

Ooh I forgot to mention the guests can view the gallery and posts but not member details or post themselves without being a member. I think sometime people are either shy, think they will sign up and get solicited for money or the like or perhaps have been involved in groups that have a little internal bickering or get flogged with advertising from other members and businesses. Either way it is hard to find a place like this that is so full of wonderful sharing people, you don't get flogged with merchandise or asked for money. I am so pleased that so many members have taken a chance and signed up to find what a great place it is. I hope that we can continue to grow together with an interchange of encouragement using this site as a resource that we can gain from and share. It takes input to make this site so wonderful and people are taking about it all over. We have great google ranking and I have had businesses contact me through here looking for piece work or information. how great is that!
Karon
PS Forgot to tell you Rachelle, love your tree, you work so hard on your quilling and I find you very inspiring like many of the other members here.
Happy quilling all
Karon

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quillingsavy on 2010-10-08, 04:49

Thanks so much Karon! Yeah, I guess my suggestion was just merely my suggestion...I wasn't thinking about whether it would be possible or not, but perhaps in that section on the top, that says welcome and stuff, know what I'm talking about? To me, that really pops out, so maybe you can encourage people to check out the patterns in that section of the forum Smile.
quillingsavy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum