Creative Quilling Forum

My first go at usng a Quilling Comb

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My first go at usng a Quilling Comb

Post by A-M on 2010-11-20, 06:22

Also my first use of an SVG file cut on my new Ecraft machine.

Here is my card:
http://creativequilling.forumotion.com/gallery/Holiday-and-festivities/Wise-Men-pic_488.htm

Last edited by A-M on 2010-11-20, 11:07; edited 1 time in total
A-M

Back to top Go down

Re: My first go at usng a Quilling Comb

Post by Heather on 2010-11-20, 08:09

That sure is a lovely card!
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Quill Me on 2010-11-20, 11:05

Very nice card

Quill Me

http://quillme.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by paulahogue on 2010-11-20, 14:47

really nice!
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-11-21, 08:44

Love the colour scheme to make the night time stand out. How did you do your star? was it a series of pieces or all in one? I did some birds wings on my comb a few days ago and put it in the gallery but funnily I enjoyed using the scrap booking paper contrasting my paper edge with the large fringed flower. The flower with the bird was a combed piece that I have cut and curled the pieces for something different
Karon

Admin

Back to top Go down

Star combing quilling

Post by A-M on 2010-11-21, 08:55

Karon, the star is made up of five pieces. My centre did not look very neat so I covered it with the star sticker.
You do "alternating sides" starting with 5 for the centre one and then 4 one side and 4 the other side , then 3 one side and 3 the other side. Hope that makes sense to you.
You make five of these and flatten the centre loops and glue to make a star shape.

I do like the bird you created on your card and that curled flower looks good.

A-M

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-11-21, 10:44

Thanks Anne-marie, I wondered if it was the alternate looping in pieces so I enlarged it but you have positioned them so well and the inner star covers the centre so well I wasn't sure if you had made a new pattern for yourself. I also love your signature, did you make that on your digital program? very nice.
I have really been enjoying my quilling time since I haven't had the business to keep me tied up although I have 3 workshops this week that will be quite tiring some of these are intermediate so I have had to hunt for some new things to learn. Great thing about quilling there are always new things to learn. Tonight I am going to make a 3d scarecrow which is a sample for the new kit coming available through creative quilling I have had tucked away for some time and I have been dying to try it. It is on a stand so it should be fun and give my eyes a rest after the tiny miniature flowers for the watch last night lol
What else is everyone doing at the moment?? Anyone working on something new or special they want to share?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top