Creative Quilling Forum

Quilling inside a dome/glass

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quilling inside a dome/glass

Post by admin on 2010-12-01, 05:00

Hi All
I had an interesting question today with regard to quilling inside a dome or glass like you do a ship inside a bottle. If you have some tips and ideas on this, can you please post here for Leona. To be honest I have never done one so would you assemble inside the dome and how would you affix it?
Thanks
Karon

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Quilling inside a dome/glass

Post by admin on 2010-12-01, 06:34

Here is a brief picture and description of Charlotte's quilling inside a glass ornament

Glass globes online including prices at save on crafts

These glass globes also look lovely and could be used for this glass tealight globe

You can also get domes with or without a base for special pieces. I couldn't find any reasonably priced places in Australia but I did find this one in the states
Collecting Warehouse

Here is one done with a brief description that the snowflake is painstakingly assembled, piece by piece, inside its own glass ornament glass ornament snowflake

There is also some information on Wikipedia about the impossible bottle which contains all sorts of different items and how they do it.

Many people buy those ornamental moulds that come in 2 halves as seen in Jody's tutorial in the tutorial category. You can get them from places like spotlight and it is one way to have your quilling inside one of these display balls (or the like) though you would have a seam. These are very economical
Hope that helps
Karon

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on 2010-12-01, 07:08

For something a little different I found this locket that opens and would be lovely quilled into
save on crafts Edwardian locket

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2010-12-01, 23:23

Wow, Karon...that saves on craft site is awesome. They have all kinds of cool stuff! Pretty too! I've been searching for a "domed brooch/pin"...but can't find one of them anywhere, so the locket/ornament is close to what I'm wanting to try... and inexpensive too!

Thanks! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top