Creative Quilling Forum

Advice please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advice please

Post by Helen on 2011-10-07, 16:06

I have put some of my work in the gallery. I have only been quilling for 7 weeks so know I am just learning but would be grateful for any advice you can pass to me please. Sorry if I upset anyone with this request but we all have to start somewhere.
Helen

Back to top Go down

Re: Advice please

Post by toye on 2011-10-07, 16:46

Helen go to your work in the Gallery and you will find comments on your Quilling, and you are not upsetting anyone that is what it is all about by helping each other, and it is never any trouble to be there for any kind of request
toye
sunny
toye

http://www.paperart-sheila.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on 2011-10-07, 17:27

Oh gosh I never thought to look again once I had put them in the gallery. Ddnt realize there were comments. Thanks so much for the kindness. Im a bit overwhelmed.
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by harleygirl on 2011-10-09, 08:59

hey helen i think your cards are fantastic congratulations. its all about our own imagination. they look great.

harleygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippa on 2011-10-09, 13:21

Hi Helen
I think your cards are great, especially if you have only been quilling for seven weeks. I like the way you are combining different techniques and developing interesting backgrounds for your quilling, because that is exactly the kind of thing I like to do myself! I live in Hampshire, UK - whereabouts are you?
Kindest regards
Philippa
Philippa

http://quilliance.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather on 2011-10-09, 17:41

Helen, you are doing wonderful work for quilling such a short time. My only advice to you doesn't involve quilling, more about placement.

The bouquet of flowers card is really nice but it is missing some greenery. I would be tempted to get a punch and punch out some leaves, vines or branches to go behind the flowers. I love the look of the dimension of the wrapping for the flowers. Was this a fancy vellum?

I have taught scrapbooking for a few years and my suggestion on the other card with the house stamped is simple. I was always taught not to have things look like they are floating. Things need to be anchored. I would have stamped the house over the quilled strips on the left.....not much, but touching the border just a teeny bit. Loved the dimension with the fence as well. Loved the way you made a ribbon border with the quilling strips and your fringed flowers sure give a country feel to your stamped coloured image. Did you have a fringer or did you hand fringe those flowers? The fringing looks so even.

I love your ideas and your imagination. You have encouraged me to go look at my stamp collection and try and put quilling and stamping together. Philippa is great with photography and quilling. Taking pictures is not my strong point, but I can see it working well with stamping too. Thank you for your inspiration. You have my mojo going so I am off to play.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on 2011-10-09, 17:50

Thanks for the advice. The bouquet of flowers is the 2nd quilled card I have ever made and the one with the house is the 3rd. I am learning.
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by toye on 2011-10-10, 07:13

Good morning Helen, my computer is now back to normal. here is the templates that Lauren gave us for doing rosen. In YouTub are some demos how to use them good luck and have a great day
toye

toye

http://www.paperart-sheila.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on 2011-10-10, 15:51

Thanks so much am off to have a go.
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content