Creative Quilling Forum

A Quilling Disaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Quilling Disaster

Post by ashleighjane on 2012-01-09, 02:23

Well, I just managed to drop and broke the tea cup I am using to quill a cup. I thought

No problem! I’ll superglue it back together!
However this was easier said than done. I wore a pair of marigolds to prevent my fingers getting stuck - the marigolds got stuck to the cup and my clothes got stuck to my skin! The only things that didn’t stick were the cup pieces to each other! Plus I couldn’t see very well because the glue made my eyes run D:

So with that plan out of the window I thought

No problem! I will stick it back together with duct tape since I only need the shape of it.

Thankfully this worked. I’m not sure I’m quite up to quilling now though, which was what I originally intended to do.
ashleighjane

http://www.quillful.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Quilling Disaster

Post by paulahogue on 2012-01-09, 05:39

oh no, what a mess, dont give up, just walk away from it for awhile, then make another try at it. Hope your skin is ok from the glue!
Paula
paulahogue

http://chillinwithquillin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by toye on 2012-01-09, 05:46

No what every you do, do not give up. We all have a disater sometime or another.My waste paper basket gets full at times from disasters.The main thing is that you did not hurt yourself with the glue take care, hands are very important.You are doing a great job so keep going, as paulahogue says walk away make a cup of tea and relax then go for is gal
toye

http://www.paperart-sheila.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazeeLdy on 2012-01-09, 06:54

My goodness...be careful! Glad you got through without lasting effects!

I was using a exacto knife, and dropped it right into my thigh...it went straight in...and WOOHOO...that hurt...I've had tons of paper cuts because I can't get used to the curling coach thingie...Burned my fingers with the hot glue, had them stuck together with super glue...*sigh*....but the blisters, cuts & bruises...just can't compete with the habit of crafts! bounce

OOoooo tea & toast or crumpets or scones...mmm...sounds good...sweet tea!!

KrazeeLdy

Back to top Go down

Post by toye on 2012-01-09, 08:34

Poor Sheree Cry at least you did not give up hope to do your crafts which we are all very happy. I love using the curling coach, yes it does take time to get the hang of holding it, but I think it is very useful little gadget. I just love your little dog all dressed up for Christmas so cute. My little mouse is saying "take me home with you" tea is ready and the crumpets are in the toaster
toye

http://www.paperart-sheila.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazeeLdy on 2012-01-09, 09:44

Thanks Toye...I'll be right over...next flight!! flower
Keep them warm for me!

Heck, if I give up my crafts...the craft stores would go out of business... cyclops

Love ya Toye...HUGS...
Tea & Crumpets...Crumpets & Tea....Toye & I havin' Crumpets & Tea...Tea & Crumpets...for my Sis & Me!!!

KrazeeLdy

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazeeLdy on 2012-01-09, 09:46

OOOOhhhhh I love your mouse...or is that a rat...which ever...it has beautiful colors!!! sunny

KrazeeLdy

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleighjane on 2012-01-09, 17:54

Well I haven't given up yet Razz Thankfully the quilling itself wasn't damaged, just the cup - but I managed to fix that. Thankfully the glue didn't cause an awful lot of damage to me.

Sheree, i heard of xacto knives from an episode of buffy Wink ), but didn't have a clue what they are. I just did a google search though, and I must say I wouldn't want to do myself an injury with one of those!

KrazeeLdy wrote:OOOOhhhhh I love your mouse...or is that a rat...which ever...it has beautiful colors!!! sunny
- lol, its Pikachu from Pokémon Laughing
ashleighjane

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazeeLdy on 2012-01-09, 18:52

Hahaha...Pokemon...I've never seen them..but I've heard of them! Cartoon, right? Very Happy Still love that rat - mouse... Very Happy My favorite little guy is "Elmo" from the Muppets. cat

Yeah, those knives are pretty darn sharp! It went in my leg like it was going into butter! I'm just glad it wasn't a longer blade else it could have hit something major...eeeewwwouchie! sick

KrazeeLdy

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleighjane on 2012-01-09, 19:19

Yes, its a cartoon Razz I haven't watched it for a long time.
I never knew elmo was a muppet Shocked

Yeah, lucky that they're so short! Although I bet they're long enough to do some damage to the hand. I'm just glad I don't own one. I fiddle with things like that when I'm not actually using them, so I'd be sure to cause myself an injury Mad
ashleighjane

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazeeLdy on 2012-01-10, 05:13

Elmo is a Muppet character on the children's television show Sesame Street.

drunken

KrazeeLdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top